Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Whitest Beach of Asia

Hosted by "A Southern Daydreamer"

Now that it's almost summer time, I can't help but long to lounge on the beaches of the Philippines. And if you have ever been to the Philippines, you'd know the first beach to try would be the Boracay Islands!

I'll let Yahoo Travel and Nomad4Ever tell you just how beautiful it is...





Yahoo Travel's 2007 World's Most Popular Beach


"Most people have heard of Boracay, which is sometimes called the “Whitest Beach of Asia” - and it’s true! If you thought so far, the beaches of Bali are nice, or Thailands beaches are white - you haven’t seen the real deal. I kid you not! Boracay has truly a powdery white sand, which is of no comparison to any other beach in Asia. Maybe the Maldives come close - but then, they are much more expensive, exclusive and you are basically locked on a tiny island for the time of your stay." (Nomad4ever dot com)

Are you ready to pack your bags? I am! (At least I wish I am...)

Thanks Susan for letting me go on a virtual beach tour of my beloved birth country.

TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain so misses the Philippines) Create a table using only colors of the country you wish to visit or have visited the most. Don't worry about the artwork or images that represent the country, but rather, focus on the colors... Let the food from that country shine when placed in in solid colors of its origin place in the world.

18 comments:

  1. Oh Chandy, those pictures are beautiful! Yep, I'd love to pack my bags. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Outdoor Wednesday Chandy! Oh, my friend, I want to go....and with you! It would be so much fun to have you show me all the sights to see! It's too bad I have so many children in college right now...it will be awhile before I could even think about going! It is gorgeous though! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandy,
    This is the 1st time I heard of Boracay. It looks beautiful. I have been to Phucket, Thailand (where the Tusnami hit) and it was breath taking. I love Asian so now can add this to my travel wish list!
    ~Cathy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandy,
    I am ready to pack my bags, let's go girl! Such a beautiful beach. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chandy, never been to Boracay. But I get to visit Camiguin Island (highschool field trip). They do have white sand there too (among other wonderful sceneries) :-)

    Also like the tablscaping idea. Colors and food reflecting the country. MMMmmmm would love to try the food LoL

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    Mizpah,
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chandy,
    Yes it would be so great to walk on this beautiful beach, thank you for sharing. If i can't go right now, I hope you will very soon and bring back some beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a gorgeous beach. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS a beautiful beach! I will never get there, but I won't complain as I am in an area with wonderful beaches....not as nice as that one though!
    Kathleen
    Southampton, NY

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one beautiful beach! We live surrounded by beautiful beaches, and I never get tired of them. Loved seeing this beauty! :-)

    Happy OW...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous photos, Chandy!! Beautiful beach.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am packed too. What a gorgeous beach.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking and you are making me miss our country! Would you believe I have never been to Boracay? Have you, Chandy?...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm ready to pack my bags - beautiful!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Chandy,
    I never heard of Boracay, but it looks absolutely wonderful! Those beaches look sooo inviting.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chandy!
    I didn't even know about this fabulous place! There are so many wonderful places to visit and Boracay is just the tip of the iceberg! I'll have to google it and find out more about it.

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello everyone, sorry for not being able to visit more of you today... Errand full calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Chandy, thanks for showing my pictures and mentioning my article here. Can you please put a link back for proper reference? The original article can be found here.

    Many thanks! ;-)

    Chris
    (nomad4ever)

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.