Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Tablescape Thursday
Hello, I'm joining in with this late entry of my V-day tablescape.
 

 HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!


This table is inspired last minute but back in 2012 and now 2014, we held another Romantic Buffet at the house where we invite 3 great sets of "couples" and their families to help us enjoy a romantic meal with laughter, renewed friendships and this year, 6 rounds of "The Marriage Game" (you know, the marriage version of "The Newlywed Game"). The kids entertain themselves with a movie, dinner, playtime and games.

Theme:

"A Rare Find"
 
Inspiration:
A romantic birthday greeting card my husband gave me over a decade ago
and still one of my favorites

You'll see that from the theme, I took the elements and created a "rare" combination of things. If you look at each picture, you'll notice something odd or "rare" to see. Have fun looking!

First let me and Brain greet you with this foyer vignette of flowers and candles while the frames subtly remind you of the reason you are here. Welcome.

 
As you soak in the warmth of the dining room, why don't you see where you will be seated.

I think I see my name on this end. Do you care to join me for some Garlic Stuffed Roast Beef, Tarragon Red Potatoes, Parmesan Romaine Salad & Chocolate Cake for dessert? But first let Brain and I serve you some Sparkling Grape Juice. (no, we do not drink any alcohol here)
 
Oh, did you notice that I have two different sets of everything? I think it added to the romance and movement of the table, yeah?
 
Let the candles hypnotize you to a wonderful evening of great company, laughter, games and dinner.

If you are seated from this corner, this would be your view. How do you like it so far?
 
How about from this corner?
 
 
Glad you were able to join me for another great table and dinner. See you soon...

Thanks again, Susan for hosting a great meme!
 
TABLESCAPING IDEAS: (Brain enjoyed your company immensely) Company coming but the table is not done yet? No sweat, use color and layers to create ambiance, theme and purpose. Don't worry so much about convention; you don't have time! If it's the same color or close, use it to force a cohesive monochrome to set up the table!

13 comments:

  1. How beautiful and romantic, Chandy. Love the glow of the candles which really add to the romantic ambiance. The plates are so pretty and you have a beautiful home! I am so glad you are back....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chandy! I've missed you! I see you have certainly not lost your touch in tablescaping! This is so pretty. Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds so delicious!! Great table, love the heart edged dinner plates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandy, this was lovely, and I am so glad to see you back with your tablescapes! :-)

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Delightful! I know that ya'll had a great time. New follower hope you can drop by for a visit.

    Cathy's Cupboard Calamity<;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your foyer with all of the lovely framed pictures, candles, and flowers. Talk about romantic! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a romantic tablesetting! I love the beautiful ambiance created by candle light! Wonderful job on the picture collage on the foyer wall:) Well done! Thanks for visiting me and for your sweet note:) Happily following you back through GFC! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Chandy! That's so romantic and sweet. The candles make the atmosphere so dusky, but at the same time reddish together with the napkins and the cloth. Thanks for sharing, dear!
    Judith
    Commented on Table Decorations at http://www.term-paper-research.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.