Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Anniversary Dinner

Hello to all again! I'm excited to be able to participate in 3 memes again today: Tablescape Thursday with Susan, Foodie Friday with Michael Lee, and Some of my Favorite Things Saturday with Laurie. Yay!

THEME:
"Over The Years"

INSPIRATION:
Our family and each other

Back in October 26th, 1996, Mr. Man and I entered our LDS temple in Oakland, CA and "sealed" a covenant with Heavenly Father that we will love and cherish each other for all eternity...

Well, this year, yesterday, was our 14th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. We didn't bungee jump off any cliffside or bridge, didn't seek out a fancy restaurant, no expensive gifts bought and no parties thrown. For this anniversary, we reflected on the success of our marriage and our family as well as another pledge to make it to 7 more years of happiness. At least...

Now, we enjoy life with our three children- 1 in Hawaii, 2 at home.

But before we had all three, we had our memories and possessions that reminded us of our union and all the ups and downs we endured. So this table is reflective of that...
Card table-1997, Flowers 2002, Autumn Dinnerware- 2005, Tablecloth, Birds and Flatware-2009, Glasses, Napkins, candles and holder- 2010.
We ate in our family room after the kiddos went to bed. We listened to Michael Buble and reflected on how much we still love each other and the life we are building in our new home.

Our menu and dinnerware were also a mix of old and new: The plates, 2005 and 2007; The solid red plate (Home Trend "Siena") was a gift from a young couple family friends. They were relocating and reducing so they gave us the whole set for 4!
The food- a FAVE of ours since 1996; Crabcakes, but my own recipe this year. The couscous, only tried and loved it this year. Broccoli, a staple family veggie since childhood for Mr. Man and 1987 for me. The dessert of Cream Puffs with chocolate ganache has been an anniversary staple since 2002. Homemade ganache, totally only started 2008.
So there you are, our marital journey for your enjoyment. One thing that's still and will always be... How much we are totally crazy about each other! Everyone, meet Mr. Man. My dream man... (Max's of Manila in Honolulu, Hawaii, September 2010)
and our children L-Infinity (17), J-Pony(11) and I-Dude(8). Our pure source of joy. When we look at them, they remind us how lucky we are to have found each other.


I love my life and wouldn't trade it for anything. How about you?

Thanks for peeking! Now I'm off to see your post!

16 comments:

  1. Chandy, Happy Anniversary to you and your sweetie! I loved the idea of celebrating your special day by spending it together and reflecting on the success of your marriage. We should all try that!

    Your table looks just darling with a mix of old and new. It's always nice to use plate ware that loved ones have given us from years back. Makes it really special. You simply must share your crab cake recipe ♥

    Your kiddies are adorable and I enjoyed seeing the photo of you and your dear hubby.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and I love how you use memories to continue the joy in your tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna and Linda, thank you so much! I do love how our family's growing and our lives are just a nice fit with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chandy,
    I wish you Happy Aniversary, also! This is a lovely idea to celebrate this at home with all the things you have since a long time. Nothing else could make such a familiar and cosy atmosphere and truly the important things at such an aniversary are both of you! You are blessed to live in love together and your children look so positive and happy. What a brillant childhood to have loving parents. WI wish all of you the very best and love and fidelity for the rest of your life. God bless your and your family.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary...and thanks for taking us on a walk down your memory lane...love your tablescape...and those cream puffs look goooooddddd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johanna and TBH... You are so sweet! Thank you so much! I, too am so glad that I found a man that loves everything about me and I him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how sweet! I actually teared up! Congratulations on the love you share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! We were sealed in Manti 31 years ago this year. It was wonderful to hear of your love for each other. What a fun way to celebrate with little reminders on the table. Your food looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! Lovely way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! You've given so much thought to make this a totally personal and meaningful celebration. Thank you for sharing your lovely evening and tablescape. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! What a special way to celebrate your anniversary together. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet celebration of your family! Happy Anniversary :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anny! Looks like you had a very nice night-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post Chandy! It's so nice that so many things on your table hold memoriers of your past and your love for each other. It sounds like such a romantic and lovely anniversary dinner, and your have a beautiful family. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things Sat. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad I got to come and join in Laurie.

    To all of you lovely women, I cannot wait to have time to blog daily to be able to keep us with all of you! Thank you all so much!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.