Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So Grateful

Hosted by Susan and Leigh

Hello everyone! Yes, I'm still alive and kickin'... Just got real crazy over here but it will turn around soon (I hope).

Thought I'd share this year's Thanksgiving decor, starting with my mantle. (Don't mind the lights, it's for the kiddos.)

The hubs and I managed to dig out some of my past T-day decor so I gathered all of my bright foliage and did this!
I don't know if you can see it, but the centerpiece is a purple cornucopia. I just layered everything that I owned and I think it worked out great. What do you think?
I didn't have anywhere to put my husband's Mt. Bachelor print, so I "semi" covered it up with this suede-like pretty placemat I got from Walmart last year. The candles were from Target back in 2007, while the candlesticks were from Ross last January.
On each end, I placed a framed picture that means a lot to me. This one is of me and my first daughter (Nov '96), L-Infinity when I married my husband Mr. Man back in October 1996.
This one is of my Dad's; it's the only clear picture I have of him. Both pictures anchor the mantle to complete my gratitude. Now I have three children, married 13 years, and just plain happy and grateful. :-D


Ok, onto the table...
THEME:
"Color ME Grateful"

INSPIRATION:
Different shades of Fall decor

So you seen my "ORANGE" side, but now here's the more "EARTHY (browns, burgundy, moss greens) side of FALL... I chose all the dishes I own that can compliment my tablecloth (Kohl's; 80% off); runner (Kohl's; 65% off). Yes, again, I regale you with my "Pretty, Inexpensive" signature of a tablescape! I accented it with some orange to pick up the mantle and the orange in the runner.
















I layered my Canopy "Golden Wheat", ONLY Gibson "Wheat", Food Network "Red Currant" plates and Thomson "Bianca" bowl to make my placesetting. I found my Target find napkins and just placed one inside each bowl to "pretty it up".








(ooopppsss... I forgot to place a napkin on that placesetting. Pretend you didn't notice, ok? Thanks!)

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you all a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

20 comments:

  1. Chandy, your mantel is stunning and your tablescapee is gorgeous as usual. I love the mix of dishes, they all look so pretty together. YOur centerpiece is beautiful. I so wish you and all your family a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marty! You're the best and I wish you the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandy, you are so decked out with your mantle! It just speaks fall! And I like the way you've layered your table with the different colored dishes and the rooster on one end with the fall arrangement! I know your family is going to have a wonderful holiday.

    Happy Tablescape Thursday and Thanksgiving rolled into one!

    Be blessed...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandy, I hope that my comment was published. Not sure where it went. If it disappeared into cyberspace, please know I like your tablescape and wish you a very Happy TT & Thanksgiving! :-)

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Your floral arrangements are something special. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sheila and Susan! I like how it turned out as well... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chandy,
    I loved seeing your Thanksgiving decor and hearing about where you found your dishes, etc. (great buys, kiddo!). Thank you for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment. It's always great to hear from you.

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chandy, I loved seeing your Thanksgiving decor...Your center piece is beautiful... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family my Friend
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chandy what a pretty mantel and tablescape. I like how you put the photographs on the mantel and they remind you of your blessings. May you have a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice personal touches to your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, you are alive! LOL! Welcome back, Chandy....so good to see you. Your mantel looks great and yes, I see the cornucopia. Your tablescape is so pretty too, love the layering of the pretty plates. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ladies, you all rock! I so missed you all... Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it all looks great! happy thanksgiving~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty table! Your colors are so rich, perfect for the season. I love your centerpiece too, he's so perky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful mantle, Chandy! I love the table you have chosen for Thanksgiving; the colors work so well together. I so ♥ your centerpiece

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mantle is fabulous! And you did a great job on the tablescape too! All very beautiful!

    I love you sharing your Blessings with us too. Very beautiful sentiments.

    I hope you had a very Blessed Thanksgiving!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chandy!

    Your home looked very pretty decked out in Autumn beauty! And your table looks very inviting!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much ladies, you're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.