Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Seaside Story (On Your Table)

Hosted by Susan and Leigh

Since I've been away awhile, let me welcome you back to my blog with a little story brought in by the breeze of the nearby shore...

THEME:
"On the Water's Edge"

INSPIRATION:
A bag of shells

One day, out in the blue horizon, a family spotted a passing sailboat. Her name, SS Chandy. But what they didn't know, was that the occupants of the sailboat were admiring their "on the water's edge" picnic they were having!
See? They were so close that the high tide came in and crept up under some of their plates! Look at the beautiful shells they were able to collect with each lap of the water...
As it got dark, they erected three candles, to light their evening picnic and stabilized each one with the big shells they found. The crew of SS Chandy was enthralled...
They seem to love shells of all kind! And they were even thrilled that a starfish joined the group and made him a focal point on this mollusk centerpiece!
A big scallop shell, various curly ones holding down the napkins that seem to emulate the various seaweed they passed by.
Here are more shells... from different species of mollusks!
SS Chandy focused on the very end of the picnic area and admired this big scallop shell. Oh how, they wanted to eat some now... and all manners of delicious seafood!
Each plate seemed to have their own shells as a napkin anchor and how the crew liked the utensils were not plastic at all.
There were so many different kinds and the colors, amazing! Black, green, white, tan, peach, purple, gray, brown, coral and hints of yellow... a rainbow out of the sea!
Their lenses couldn't tell very well, but he thought that this shell below, had a glint of purple while the spiral one was a soothing shade of peach and tan...
Then he realized that the family looked back at the sailboat the whole time, admiring the blue sea it's sitting on. How they wished they could yell out and invite them over...
The family took a closer look... a white sailboat against the majestic turqoise below, a scene only a perfect day can concoct, they thought.
The sailboat, was impressed also with the glasses, from the boat, it looked like freshly heated grains of sand to form a drinking vessel just for this occasion.
In the end, the family thoroughly enjoyed their surf-n-turf meal; curious about the people on the sailboat. As for the crew of SS Chandy, they longed to get to shore and experience a whole new adventure, a picnic "on the water's edge"...

Hope you liked my story... I missed you all, but our computer is still really acting up and since my teen needs a computer for before school things, I can only post for a while and maybe sneak in a few visits. I can't wait til' it's all fixed and I can keep blogging!


The plates I used is my Mulberry "Mocha Swirl" plates. It's spiral and iridescent look reminds of a "mother of pearl" which made it perfect for this setting. The utensils, Hampton "Lace". Napkins, Home, "Bamboo Garden" and the placemats, dark brown woven seagrass! The glasses, a wonderful find at Marshall's...

To our lovely hosts, Susan and Leigh, my utmost thanks for keeping me on my toes. This tablescape was done in honor of our company, Michelle, leaving to go back home. She and my middle daughter helped me put this table together.

My Thrifty Thursday focus, the shells! They are from the Philippines, found them at Ross for only $5.99! I saw smaller ones at Walmart being sold for $10 so for the size difference and where they came from, I say that is a thrifty take on a major score!

Please be patient with me, August is our whacked out crazy month. LOL

43 comments:

  1. Chandy ~ Great theme!

    I love the SS Chandy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun story and pretty table! I love all the shells and those plates do have a mother of pearl feel to them! Sorry you are having computer problems. :D Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story and great table-scape! Delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you made it. I would have hated to miss this table and your story!! I like the way she shell seem to be reflected in the crystal candlesticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chandy! You are so creative Girl!! So sorry your computer is acting up. I always feel so disconnected when that happens. I hope everything clears up for you!! Happy TT...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was great! I love your treasure trove of shells too! Beautiful centerpiece! And such a cute, creative idea with the sand and sea!
    Love it! Very unique idea!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello ladies! Thanks for stopping by! I enjoyed visiting all of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very cute post, Chandy! I am sorry your computer's having problems. Hope it gets fixed soon cause I sure miss you!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Chandy! I've missed you! I've been traveling and feel like I'm outta the loop here!
    What a charming table and I loved the story!
    Hope your puter is up and running really soon!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sweet and precious friend Chandy,
    (jumping up and down) I LOooooooved the story and the tablescape! So pretty! I love the sailboat! i wish I could make that! Such a simple yet elegant natural table. I love all the texture. I am going to spend some cacth up time on your blog girl. I have been chasing my tails these days, but havent forgotten about you. Missed you friend!
    Thanks for participating in Thrifty Thursday, my friend!! Great finds!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beachy. Almost makes you feel like you are there!
    -The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chandy, hope you get the computer fixed soon. I love the theme and the story is so cute. Your shells are so pretty. What a great buy, they are so big and so many different ones. Such a pretty theme and tablescape. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely gorgeous. You are such an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful beachy table!!! I love all of your shells and the colors are sooo pretty!!!

    Happy TT!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was alot of fun to visit your site!
    blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how your plates mimic the whorl that is in the shells. You always impress me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ladies, you so rock for stopping by! I can't wait till the computer is fixed and not be halted in my blogging adventure no more. LOL

    (how's that for rebelling drama?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your story!! So very cute!!! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chandy, Great Story and beautiful tablescape. The colors and the shells are perfect for the sea side and I love your little boat.

    Happy Thurday.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your creative theme and story!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it Chandy !
    You are super creative !!!
    I really like your name plates !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love a beach theme and this was a fun post. Thanks for sharing.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Chandy,
    This is a cute and lovely beachy theme! Good job!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved your beachy 'scape Chandy! Happy Tablescape Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your story-telling Chandy!
    Thank you for using your limited time on the computer to visit me! I'm honored.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so pretty! You are so creative and imaginative!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oohhhhhhhhhhh me like the story Chandy :-) It's so cute and I love the tablesetting. The kids surely loved it. Oh no doubt about it.

    Aaahhhhhh shells . . . still missing the beach. Typhoon just passed the week before and then another one came. it's supposed to leave yesterday but this morning they said it has returned. boo hoo. it's been raining so hard here nonstop with furious winds.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello dear ladies! Glad to see your darling comments...

    ReplyDelete
  29. I too recently bought a bag of seashells from Ross! Great minds think alike. I love your narration and your story. I especially liked your grouping of shells and and napkins and plates!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute! Love the way you used the shells and the little boat is too cute.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a way to bring the beach to the table. I also love the little boat place cards---adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Chandy,
    I love all the shells and your creative table today! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love the way you laid out the flatware on the napkins...very clever

    ReplyDelete
  34. Welcome back! Cute story and neat tablescape!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  35. I feel as if I am at the beach -- a great table!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great bon voyage table for Michelle.

    I just hate computer problems--hope you get it all fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Chandy, I loved your tablescape.. the shell shaped dishes are incredible..Love the way you filled the dish with shells surrounding the candle.. I'm going to pass this on to my daughter.. she loves anything having to do with the ocean.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Chandy,
    Very nicely done ... just charming!
    Sorry you've been having computer problems. Hope you're back with us "full time" very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Chandy,
    Wow, you have the best ideas! This is a great tablescape, definitely one of your best. I probably tell you this every time I visit, but they all so clever. Have you thought of publishing a book?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  40. You are too funny..SS Chandy!
    Don't get shipwrecked..
    The WHITE event is the 25th..Mark the date!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Chandy !

    Hope you get your computer stuff ironed out soon...I felt so at home reading this post. The tablescape is just great !I have seashells all over my dining room right now on every flat surface...being near the beach makes it even more fun !

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.