Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today IS Your Red Carpet DAY!


It's Sunday, Mother's Day so first things first... I'm sure Chari would understand if I take some time to greet all the mothers right?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

A tidbit about my MOM: She currently lives in California, as vibrant and beautiful as the day we moved from there though she is already 71 just last April 12th. She has the stereotypical Chinese eyes, the kind that disappears when laughing or smiling. She taught me that "Be good" means just that- to be good at everything. She didn't competitively but rather be a good person in approaching everything. And with that saying in my head all these years, I found myself saying it to my own family. I'm glad I do...

Here's from FEB 10, 2009

READY FOR VALENTINE YET?

Need some more ideas? Here's some...

Want a flirty snack?
Try this cute pattern by Nikko called "Precious" to serve finger foods for some close sharing time
(1997)

Not into floral stuff?
Try this new trend of pink and chocolate combo
to serve your romantic dinner on

(2006)

Date is after dinner?
Try having a cozy moment with a romantic mock drink
with a movie or in front of the fire
(I'm a Mormon so no wine suggestions here!)
(2009)

No time to dress the table?
Find two of anything other than pictures and surround it with candles

(2009)

Want a stroll down memory lane or V-day is your anniv?
Display momentous pics in lovely frames
(2006)

Have a whimsical side?
Use a fun and flirty cakestand to show off mini cakes or appetizer
(2009)

Want to eat in the living room?
Put an assortment of goodies on a cake stand with a tealight on a cute holder and enjoy a "Lady and the Tramp" moment with your hands.
(2009)

Just love the color RED?
Stick with a solid shade to share a meal on

(2009)
Straight or Scalloped edge, red is a pretty choice(Pfaltzgraff.com)

Flirty but Shy?
Show off both with a wispy graphic on a bold shade
(2007)

Thanks, Chari for letting us relive our fave posts again!

HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL!

*****************************************************

TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain" loves V-Day) If you have a lot of one color for dinnerware (outside of white), create a whimsical table by using all of them! To focus on the whimsy of your plate choices, use different clear glasses and candleholders with colored tapers matching your plates!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! You've posted such wonderful tablescape eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chandy,
    I love the little story about your Mom! Your blog is always fun to read, Happy Mothers Day my friend. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Chandy! :-)

    Hmmmm. "Be Good" . . . to others and in everything. That's nice.

    I like looking through pictures from the past. Sometimes I may not have a memory of them (especially when still young) and so I'm glad through pictures it was captured somehow :-)

    I've already greeted you in advance and saying it again (hehehehe0 Happy mother's day to you and you mom Chandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those heart shaped chocolate cakes are adorable and look moist and yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous plates. I love them all. I think I am really becoming a dishaholic. lol I love the "be good" comment. My mom said that all the time. I hope you have a very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so sweeet what you wrote about your mom. I hope that you, my friend, has had a wonderful mothers day. I appreciate your friendship through our blog worlds and am so glad that we "found" eachother. You're just a doll Chandy! I look forward to our daily visits. YOu make the world a brighter place.
    Happy day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladies, thank you for visiting!

    Leigh, you are so sweet! I'll definitely see you tomorrow! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chandy...

    My friend, I'm so glad that you joined in with the "Sunday Favorites" fun!!! And thank you for all of your sweet compliments on my bed and bath redo...sure do appreciate that!!!

    I'm so glad that you reposted this great post...and it's new to me!!! I just love all of your great Valentines Day ideas...and of course, being the dish lover that I am...I really enjoyed seeing all of those beautiful plates!!! I love that first plate called Precious...such a pretty pattern done in green and pink...love it!!! I also really like the red Phaltzgraff plate!!! Although I really like them all...hehe!!! So glad that you shared this post...I sure did enjoy it!!!

    Thank you for the sweet Mother's Day greeting...I hope that you're having a lovely Mother's Day, my friend!!!

    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chari, as always you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.