Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heaven and Earth


Hosted by LEIGH and SUSAN
Happy Thursday, everyone! I'm so glad to be joining you today! Now that I'm home again, I can definitely blog more!

So how do you get back in table designing after months of absence? You come up with something QUICK, BEAUTIFUL AND ETHEREAL! Nothing short of magical, right?

Leigh, Susan, our dear lovely hosts... You and our readers are probably thinking: "What could she possibly mean?" Well, sometimes when you dine, only just the right setting makes it.

Is it expensive? NO. Is it too unique? NO. Is it easy? YES!

This design inspiration came from IKEA. Yep... IKEA! I found this 79-cent a piece sandy beige dinnerware set and these sky blue and bamboo green napkins. The glasses, TARGET. The utensils, Hampton "LACE". The candles, IKEA again!

So you see? With just the right combination, color and lighting, it's just like dining up in HEAVEN while on EARTH... ENJOY!
Come and sit down, the menu is divine! Why? Because it is exactly what you wish it to be!
I'll take this seat. Did you decide on your first course yet?
Oh, isn't it so romantic and uplifting? I feel like I'm dining amongst the stars...
The bamboo trio and the big gray patched up candles "ground" the whole look.
I only used napkins and candles to add the sparkle and extra color (sky blue). A new twist to a heavenly dining experience, eh? Ehhh?
Now let's adjust our eyes and see how "bright" our night really is. With you as my guest, who needs Superstars?
Notice how I played up the circles and twists? It gives it an "eternal", I mean, enduring appeal. I'd definitely do this table again.
Just close your eyes and think of the "nectar of the Gods" you wish poured on your glass to savor.
You see that stack of dishes? We at least will dine on a "trinity" of deliciousness. I can't wait to see what appears on yours...
Mmm... That was definitely amazing! Let's enjoy the atmosphere and just be grateful... for being full! LOL
How about from this angle?
Up close maybe?
Closer?
And closer still.
Well... What do you think? Did I lose my touch? I can't wait to see yours!

Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

  1. I love the centerpiece it sets the mood. Nice table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun bamboo. It would be a fun dinner party setting. Loved all the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, romantic and serene! I have missed you, Chandy. I am glad you are back again. How is the new house coming along?..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have too much candlelight! Love the bamboo centerpiece, too. Isn't Ikea wonderful??

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a beautifully romantic table.. I love your pictures... this was just incredible.. hugs ~lyne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back, a beautiful setting

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Zen and peaceful. What a beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the candles. Those dishes are quite the bargain and so pretty too. I think I would have trouble getting up and doing the dishes after sitting at this pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies! My thoughts exactly, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you set the mood with all those candles.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Joyce! I just randomly dropped them and the theme became clear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post! That bamboo is amazing and you are exactly right about the way the light curls around. This is a definite repeater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love tablescapes with candles lit,,, something about it.. I love japanese and asian themed things...love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chandy,
    Welcome back! You've been missed. This is a great "comeback" table! Very elegant, very chic -- a real zen-like quality. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the three containers of bamboo, really very pretty the way you have it growing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely table with the glow of the candles and the bamboo centerpiece. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so nice to see you back -- I'm so glad you stopped by. Love your photos -- your bamboo is so pretty and the glow of candles is quite romantic and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Chandy, I am glad you stopped over too. Your tablescape is so romantic and beautiful. Love, love, love the candles. Beautiful and festive.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Chandy, we didn't met yet. I really adore your pretty Zen table. I don't know much about Zen but even me can see and feel the harmony of that tablesetting. Colors and elements of nature and earth makes always a positive and cozy feeling to me.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning everyone, thank you all so much! I still have this design up in the dining room. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOWEEE!!! Chandy this is truly amazing! I have never seen prettier tablescape photos with the glow of the candles. Just stunning girl! I really love it. Fabulous job!

    Have a blessed weekend sweet friend.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great comments you all left! I feel like I never went on any blogging hiatus! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That bamboo centerpiece is so nice. I really like its twists.

    Requi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh that was lovely, fun,and I felt like I was dining at the bottom of the sea. Keep your flag-a-wavin'...Joan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Missed you so much Chandy...No, you haven't lost your touch or talent at all...simply lovely tablescape and atmosphere to enjoy good food in !

    Hugs,
    Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Chandy,

    Nice to see you back. You certainly didn't lose your touch of creating lovely tablescapes.

    It looks simple and gives that very nice ambiance. Love those fortune plants!

    Mizpah,
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.