Sunday, May 24, 2009

FREE and FABULOUS!

Hosted by "Happy to Design"

First off, I want to thank all of you for visiting my posts. I know you are all busy planning for summer and taking care of others and I'm truly humbled that you remember to stop by. Right now, like many of you, life is taking us for a spin and I am a bit emotionally spent... I've been "escaping" in my blogs, so please be patient with me if I don't get to visit much of you. I know things will settle down soon and I can have a clear head. No one is sick, but my side of the family is dealing with so much right now that I can't help feeling helpless. Ok, I've ruined your morning already. Sorry for venting, you are all so wonderful to have even bothered with my blog and I can never repay you for that. For now, I simply thank all of you...

On to a happier note... It's Sunday again and that means we get to dig out through our blog archives for another great past post to share! Chari, if I haven't told you yet that you're a genius for coming up with this meme, I'm telling you now, you're a genius! Heart ya dear friend!

Ok, just to remind everyone, I started this blog just back in February and I practically had no readers until I saw Susan of "Between Naps on the Porch" tablescape posts and I commented on it and on a few others. Now that I've found all of you, I hope you enjoy this repost!

From February 9, 2008

PAGNOSSIN 851

If you look on the sidebar, you'll see that I also use FreeCycle to add to my collection. I've only been a part of it since early this year, so I haven't fully utilized it. But those few times that I've had, I've gotten a white cake stand (sidebar), a bird cage (no, it's not for the table...) and today, I picked up this morning...

Seven (7) FREE Italian ceramic Pagnossin salad plates!

It is a solid beige plate that has a simple chocolate striping on the verge and rim edge. That means... each one is perfect to pair with my Mocha Swirl plates for the next V-day table!!! Yes! And since there are seven, if one breaks, I still have a full six place settings to use! I love that guarantee!

Thanks, Teri K, for parting with these very chic cosmopolitan looking plates. Did I mention they are authentic Pagnossin's? (they are among the better ceramic and china manufacturers in Italy since the '70s, but have been making ceramic dinnerware since the '50s.) To compare, the current pricing for the salad plates, I found Pagnossin Taupe-Rim; a salad plate is steady at $11.99 and dinner plate at $33.99 each at Replacements, Ltd.

So, yes, "Brain" and I are celebrating!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!

Here's what the back looks like:

(This is no longer the logo you'll see in the back of Pagnossin dishes. The new one looks embossed, similar to what you'll see on http://www.pagnossin.com/
I presume this is just before they were fully automated. I can't find this pattern- 851 on any English written sites, nor any pictures, so I don't know if it is still being distributed in Europe. I placed the stack on my pink cake stand to drop a hint of what's to come...)



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain is feeling FREE!) You know the feeling of being given something wonderful, better than you expected kind of a gift? Well, why not interpret that into a tablescape! Dishaholics like me can easily pull this off... LOL Gather all of your "free items" and create a table with it. For a centerpiece, just gather flowers from your garden or your friends' gardens. Scrounge up a menu from your cupboards that were bought three months ago. Yes, even meat if you froze it right! ;-) Caveat, most non-big ticket items are considered well-paid-for after three months, so you can use that in grabbing your items and planning a menu. Gather your family after everything's ready and have a great evening reminding them why you gathered all these items and the wonderful feeling getting something FREE is. Then tie it to the FREEDOM we enjoy in this country, how it is constantly paid for by bravery, sacrifice and even lives of those who wish to maintain it...

13 comments:

  1. I hope everything in your family turns out well, and that they are all happy healthy and united. I liked this post the first time, but enjoyed it equally well the second. I like your blog background as well! Very pretty, and I am sure that you didn't ruin anyones morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plates are beautiful and they look like they can serve as basic dishes where you can add any kind of salad or bowl beautifully on them. I hope everything works out with your family, Chandy. I know any crisis drains us a but but hope all comes out well. Take care, my friend...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink and black looks lovely. Love the pink edges - with "ruffle-like" feel.

    Hope and pray things will go well with you and your family, Chandy

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free is always good. Thanks for the repost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful repost. Beautifiul dishes and free is especially nice. As my friend, you are always in my prayers. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chandy,
    Thank you so much for praying for sweet little Connor!!! It means the world to me!!! I know his family is grateful for all prayers that are offered in Connor's behalf!!!

    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!! Thanks again!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I am ready for a dose of beauty and calm I stop here to browse the posts and pictures. Love the rerun as much the 2nd time as the first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chandy, I will be happy to get any of the dishes you want. I checked on prices and the yellow ones in the first pic are a goldy yellow, they are not real bright, but they are not pale either. Just a medium color. The plates are $5.39 ea reg. $8.99 ea. The salad plates are $4.19 ea reg. $6.99 ea. The soup bowls are the same price as the salad plates. The big serving bowl is $ll something, I forgot. If you decide you want them just let me know. Be sure to enlarge the pic so you can see the detail. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chandy...

    My friend, I'm so glad that you joined in with the fun of Sunday Favorites today! And that sweet mention of me and this new meme was just so nice...thank you, Darlin'!!!

    What a lovely post that you chose to share once again...I'm so glad because I've never seen it and it has raised a question. I've never heard of "freecycle"...if and when you get some time...tell me about it, please! I love the Pagnossin plates...simple and yet so classy!!! I'm sure that you'll be able to use them quite a bit...they seem to be so versatile! Beautiful!!!

    Well Darlin'...I'm so sorry that things have been so stressful for you lately! I will keep you and your family in prayer, my friend!!!

    I hope that you're having a blessed and safe Memorial Day weekend!
    Love ya,
    Chari
    PS...Girl, I didn't see your name on Sunday Favorites Mr. Linky...I hope that you didn't have problems adding your name? If so, I sure do apologize!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chandy,
    Free is very, very good especially when it is as nice as these dishes! I also like your current blog background, it is very chic and pretty!
    ~Cathy~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have any family matters to take my attention, but I have had a very busy week, so I'm late visiting my blog friends. I hope your life smooths out quickly. Glad you reposted this. Those free plates are wonderful and they look so pretty with those pink ruffly plates. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm learning so much about table wares from you. I hope things get better for your famiy soon. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.