Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome Autumn!

Hosted by Rhoda

Hosted by Susan and Leigh


Hi everybody, I'm back! Well, temporarily anyway... Found some time and space tonight to do a Fall tablescape and it just happens to be Thrifty and Tablescape Thursday as well as a Fall Party! Lucky me!

THEME:
"Fall Is Here"

INSPIRATION:
Clearance Fall Tablecloth

I found this tablecloth at Kohl's a few months back for 80% off or $2.99 only!!! I was so happy when I found it but quickly blanked out on what to do with it. Then this whole uninvited break comes along and I completely forgot about it until just recently when I found it in one of our closets.

The Gibson "Wheat" dinnerware (I'm still not a fan of Gibson; just sayin') beautifully contrasts against the full pattern of the tablecloth. And... I only paid 99 cents each for those dinner plates! My thoughts, "voila!" a great tablescape!

Then there's my another Kohl's 80% find- Food Network's "Currant" dinnerware. Paid only $1.59 per salad plate!
Here's the tablescape. Informal yet with understated elegance. How?
All the pieces used are found on clearance or dirt cheap.

Two colors of paper napkins, purposely brighter than the tablecloth to simulate lightness or "floating" effect. The iron candleholder, also 80% off at Kohl's...
Gorham "Rose Serenade" crystal goblets, only $4 each, normally $15...
The fun setting of the utensils, Hampton's "Lace", deliberate to give each setting its own spotlight. (sorry the crystals are not polished, didn't have time.)
Didn't use any placemats or chargers to give it a more casual and rustic feel. Just like autumn...
Would you like to sit down? Choose a spot and enjoy a feast of your own choice abundant this season...
Aerial shot of the centerpiece- from back in June; candles, my staple white pillars.
A better aerial view...
How about here, by the window and feel the crisp breeze an autumn eve brings.

Thank you much to both our hosts, Susan, Rhoda and Leigh for being such wonderful hosts. And to all of you for being patient with me. I hope to be able to keep up with more memes soon!

TABLESCAPING IDEAS: ("Brain" is happy to have done one!) For busy or printed tablecloths, punctuate and accentuate simultaneously with solid dinnerware. Each piece stands out and blend in quietly, giving a harmonious note to any table.

26 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted today, Chandy. I have missed your beautiful tablescapes and this one is so pretty. Great deals!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask you to please visit my blog this Friday, the 2nd. (will be ready tomorrow night) I am showing our whole house cause Cheri wants to feature it. Thanks...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'll be there, Christine! I can't wait to see your beautiful home...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow yu sure did get some good deals, love the tablecloth and those glasses are really a show stopper, would love to have some of those...thanks for sharing..Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ~
    That is one thrifty and beautiful table....I love the kohls plates and so reasonable for new - just fab !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chandy!
    Good to see you again...sounds hectic there!

    Your table is beautful, you anti Gibson person you! LOL
    Love the tablecloth, great buy!
    The glasses are lovely too and it does look very fallish..
    I know you love bargains, if you have a minute hop over and check out my WSonoma buys in Monday's post..Merchandise Monday, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks just gorgeous. YOu always put the prettiest colors together. All of your dishes and crystal are stunning, love the tablecloth too. Just so pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, I love the jewel tones and the candle light. Beautiful design on those burgandy plates. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you have done a great job with this table. The cloth is such a fabulous background for your selections and such great colors.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Chandy!!

    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! beautiful, I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chandy..

    Just read your sweet note, my friend! So happy that you stopped by and took a peek at my autumn tablescape!

    Girlfriend, I love your autumn table! The tablecloth is gorgeous...love all those pretty fall colors and what a deal you got! I love, love, LOVE your "Currant" salad plates...such a pretty color and they look fabulous with your new tablecloth! Your pretty autumn florals took my eye first...absolutely gorgeous, my friend!!! Thank you for sharing your pretties with us today!

    Warmest wishes and Happy Fall!
    Chari
    PS...love your new header! Ahhh...that elegant autumn entry table is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great creative eye...what fun to get new dishes and accessories and put together a pleasing setting for a meal. I love how you set the flatware in the bowls, on the plates and the napkins. Fabulous style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kohls! You can always find great deals. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chandy....you found some great bargains girl! And it sounds like you have been super busy! Try to take a bit for yourself and enjoy Fall! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now these are plate colors I truly appreciate. Love the wheat on the sides, and the pretty salad plate on top. Lovely tablescape!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you ladies! I so love your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing improves a fabulous table like candle light. It takes it from fab to smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Chandy, everything is just gorgeous. So wonderful and Fall like.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's all so pretty, Chandy! Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Chandy - what a beautiful table scape! Love the candles, the color scheme, the new cheap but pretty plates...everything! Very elegant.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a pretty tablescape and I love your fall candle glow -- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow!! You got some kind of deals!!! I need to go shopping with you!!! The table looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have missed your beautiful tablescapes and this one is so pretty. Great deals!..Christine
    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.