Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Off to Phoenix to Graduate...


Hosted by Susan and Barb

It's Wednesday again, that means we get the outdoors and what's on our walls with our wonderful hosts for these memes.

Yep, like many of you, we have house rules. But for us, we remind each other of these rules when on our way out or we bring in any friends over. Yes, the rules apply to me and dh, too!


This something we abide by; not perfectly, but daily...
============================================


This Thursday, we're off to Phoenix, Arizona! So I can walk in my long overdue college commencement! I will walk in my honors regalia and blue cap & gown in the legendary Orpheum Theater.


This is what I get to enjoy while sitting down, waiting for my name to be called... Isn't it magical?

Phoenix is near Scottsdale, where my dh worked at The Phoenician Resort. Both cities are linked by the picturesque Camelback Mountain...


See you soon! Please forgive me if I don't get to visit most of you until Monday; need to start packing tomorrow night...

TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain says craft time!) Take lots of pictures of your latest trip and make a collage big enough for a placemat or runner. Transfer images onto a nonshrinking heavy white fabric or any light solid color; stitch on a hem to clean up the edges. Each time you want to reminisce, just use the placemat! Use clear glass dinnerware as a charger and remember to not put too hot of a food item to keep your custom placemats longer. Dress up your table with flowers you saw in your trip, fresh if available or faux for lasting arrangement.

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Chandy! What a great accomplishment.I hope you will take a lot of pictures to share with us...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Outdoor Wednesday Chandy! Congrats! I am sooooo proud of you! Have a safe trip...and take lots of pictures! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY your trip! That old theatre looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks like a dream - hope you have a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you my friend! That is quite the accomplishment! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Chandy!
    That is quite the accomplishment and you should be proud! My son lives in Tempe and he says its getting pretty hot! Bring the sunscreen LOL, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well congratulations on your graduation. Have fun and take plenty of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Chandy!!!

    What a beautiful place for a graduation.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS ON YOUR GRADUATION CHANDY
    I LOVE PHOENIX...MY SISTER LIVES THERE AND I HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES.
    HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES.
    BLESSINGS
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! COngratulations to you my friend! I am so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your graduation..what a great accomplishment....can't wait to see photos..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chandy, congratulations!!!!!!!!

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news and congrats on a college degree...not an easy task for a busy Mom with a family ! Have a happy and safe trip and take lots of photos ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my friend...

    Ohh my...a big, warm and hearty Congratulations to you, my friend!!! I'm so happy for you! That building is fabulous and so magical!!! Have a wonderful trip...enjoy!!!

    Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back! I'm also going away for the weekend, I am going to still do Sunday Favorites though. I have already prepared the post and I hope it will publish when it's supposed to...it'll be my first time to do that! Hehe!!! Have fun!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Chandy. A huge accomplishment. Enjoy every minute and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you. Have a great time and "see" you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on graduation! The theater is beautiful. Hope it will be a truly memorable event for you.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Chandy,
    Congratulations I know you have worked very hard to achieve this, and that is a beautiful place to have the commencement. Looking for you to share more photos,
    Blessings,Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello to all who visited and thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day today! I had ginormous fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful time in Phoenix! I love the pictures, especially the last one. What an awesome scene :)

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.