Friday, May 22, 2009

M-Baked Potato

M stands for Microwave! This has been the new way my family's been making baked potatoes. And it is yummy!

All you need to do is wash a medium to large potato, both to clean and wet the skin. Poke with forks all around then wrap in clingwrap. Zap on HIGH for 5 minutes! Add 1 minute at a time up to 3 mins for extra large potato. The key is multiple holes and very wet skin.
You'll have a clean potato to a baked potato in no time! It'll take you longer to gather up the fixin's! LOL



Another big thanks to our host, Gollum for another great week of Foodie Fun! Now let's take our potatoes and munch our way to the others' tables of goodies!

TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain" loved this idea!) Blow up a few easy, clearly handwritten recipes to almost 8x10, creating a whole menu. Make iron transfer copies and create a collage of them on white clean sack flour or canvas cloth. Invite your friends that love easy recipes and create the dishes on the now cute placemats. At the end of the meal, tell them you have a surprise favor but that that you'd have to "clear" the table first and to start passing up their plates towards you. Watch them oooh and aaahhh over the cute placemats and declare that they get to take those home with a packet of notecards just in case they want a hard copy!

17 comments:

  1. What a simply darling idea !
    I read all your posts I've missed and was bowled over by all the wonderful photos, especially of your graduation !!! LOL

    You're amazing Chandy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea about the placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband will not eat and swears he can tell the difference in a microwave vs. oven baked potato--spoiled man :) The placemat idea is a great one. Have a fun and safe weekend and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a baked potato in awhile...trying to eat more greens.. but now I want one! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. love baked potatoes...cook them in the microwave alot also...very quick way for a baked potatoe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chandy, I love M-Baked potatoes. I always wrap mine in wax paper though. They are quick and so good. I love the flour sack placemat idea, what a wonderful gift for guests. So clever. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea about the collage, Chandy. And the baked potato, now this simple way I can follow, lol. I am copying your SightseeingSat/PinkSat double logo, hope you don't mind. Yours is better than mine. Can I add you to the SS meme for this Sat? I have to do an advance post again cause we are leaving for Pensacola early Sat. AM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, Chandy! Oh, I'm going to try this. I suppose the wetting and wrapping are the secrets to a nice microwaved potato! Mine always are a little dried up! Thank you!
    I'm so glad you're being a sweetie, ;)
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a wonderful way to make potatoes when you're in a hurry. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, my kids love to make potatoes this way after school. Great snack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello n' good morning everyone! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas Chandy!
    And the potato- I had one today I LOVE "taters".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love baked potatoes. Yummy post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a microwave @ work and we get into baked potato spurts during lunch time. They really hit the spot - especially in the winter.... when you want something warm to stick to your ribs. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing better than a good baked potato!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.