Monday, May 11, 2009

Finished Dining Area & Mother's Day Tablescape

Hosted by "Southern Hospitality"

Hosted by "Between Naps on the Porch"

Last Met Monday, you saw my messy dining table with the bench up against the window following the length of the table.

I reoriented it the other way, put up some drapes (my awesome hubby did), swapped my two small cabinets with the long bookshelf and now it looks like this!


I "dressed" up the top of the bookshelf, hence my new header photo to make it look presentable.

How do you like my new dining area?

Afterwards, I did a few tablescapes (if you haven't noticed the orientation yet at this time). Remember my Fall one and Cinco de Mayo? Yep, it was with this new layout!

I chose not to reveal the top of the bookshelf yet as I was missing some elements and when I found them, I couldn't stop snapping pictures! ;-)

Mother's Day for me just beckoned for another great dinner menu, but first a tablescape... again. :-D

THEME:
"For All Mothers"

INSPIRATION:
Ambiance "Aristocrat" Yellow Dinnerware



My children and husband bought me this gorgeous buttery yellow set for 12 via Ebay. I found the white ones at Horchow and the yellow ones at Dillard's online for $$$ per 16-piece sets! I fell in love with it and they paid for it collectively. How lucky am I? I contacted the Dallas-based seller (a distributor for Ambiance) just a few minutes before she ended the auction. Remember, I'm too much of a coward to bid. She responded and we settled on $90 for 48 pieces. That came out to be $1.87 each piece!!! Yes!!! Thrifty and I will treasure it forever as they are from my family to me...

I used paper Easter dessert napkins. The pink, white and light chartreuse colors complimented my centerpiece. I also used my 70% off seagrass placemats, to also go with the centerpiece. I found the tealights in glass holders at Michael's, $1 for a set of two.

Again, going against conventional flatware placement, I took advantage of the width of the rim and placed my Hampton "Lace" flatware on it. The water goblet, it's my Gorham "Rose Serenade" that I got from Tuesday Morning for $4 each. The tapers I've had since 2006 and the "Two Bubble" glass candlesticks were from Hobby Lobby for 80% off each.


Here's Lily and Josh again... They both wanted to get in the act and since they are an inseparable duo, they became the "odd" count of my rather formal looking centerpiece. The glow from the tealights made the glass and crystal sparkle while the circular glows each flame created on the tablecloth complimented the round placesettings. Oh, I almost forgot, the tablecloth, another old twin-sized flat sheet! FREE tablecloth! Cool, huh?



One side of the table... The faux orchids were a 50% find at Michael's, the only two white ones left on the shelf. Perfect timing perhaps? Hmmm... ;-)


An aerial view... Everything is diagonal of each other, while the tealights were placed exactly at the top of each setting making it more interesting and romantic...


And here's the finished tablescape! Ta-daaaa!!! How did you like it?

My dh said, "Wow, this is why I didn't want to miss dinner, I knew you were going to create something beautiful..." (Isn't he just the sweetest? I think I'll keep him around, don't you agree? LOL)

"Brain" thought that she was the clever one when she came up with the centerpiece idea in 5 minutes. But... only after I created the placesettings, so we're pretty even I would say. ;-)

We dined on Filipino food by the way, my fave food of all. I made my Mama's Spaghetti and a light soup. Yum!

Thank you Susan and Rhoda for letting me show my transformation and new found inexpensive treasures... This is becoming an easy meme for me to join!

Make sure to take a "peek" at all the other treasures and changes of this day! Heart ya for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. Like your new header -- a great arrangement! Love those dishes! they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy and elegant tablescape, Chandy! I love those dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandy,
    That is just so elegant and pretty! The dishes are so gorgeous too! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ladies, and thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chandy, your table is beautiful. The Aristocrat dishes are so elegant, perfect for this theme! Your bookshelf metamorphosis is fantastic with all the little details. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Chandy! I love what you've done in your dining room! Your furniture is so lovely and those dishes! Oh, I love love them and what a beautiful table you've set!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chandy, you always do the most wonderful tablescape. I love all the candles and the orchids. Your new dinnerware is absolutely gorgeous. I just LOVE them. What a fabulous gift. Your table turned the other way and the bookcase are very pretty. All of the lovely things you have displayed on the top are such pretty eye candy. So very well done. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky are you to have such a sweet family who will feed your "addiction!"

    You had me at "new dishes" but "buttery yellow" made me swoon.

    Scribbler

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice redo. Your dishes are fabulous. Lovely table!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chandy the entire room looks gorgeous!

    Your new yellow dishes are so elegant and detailed.

    Have a wonderful week.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies, I always love hearing from all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Tablescape and those dishes, well I think I raved about them when you first got them, but they are still MY FAVORITES! They are so beautiful and the perfect yellow. Be careful though, DH may never want to go out to dinner again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CHANDY,THIS IS MY FAVORITE OF ALL YOU'VE DONE.IT IS AWESOME.AND THOSE LOVELY DISHES.
    BY THE WAY CONGRATS ON WINNING AT CC'S.I TOLD HER TO SAVE ON POSTAGE JUST TO SEND YOURS AND MS DIXIES TO ME.IS THAT OK?
    THEY DIDN'T FALL FOR IT EITHER.........................CONGRATS SUGAR.YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty dishes, Chandy! Thanks for joining the party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chandy..
    I love the yellow dinnerware .. It's beautiful. Love the new blog colors.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those dishes you used! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that elegant table. It has a touch of romance I love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Chandy !
    Love your Met Monday ! Lova those dishes ! So elegant ! You and I girl are still learning - isn't it fun ?
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Chandy...

    My friend, I met to say something earlier about your new header photo..I noticed it right away...it's gorgeous!!! It was awesome to see where this lovely photo actually resides! hehe!!!

    Well my friend, I love the new placement of your dining room table...and the pretty curtains just frame it beautifully!!! Girl, your family is so sweet...what a beautiful gift...those fabulous yellow dishes!!! Darlin', they may just be my favorite of all your dishes...so far!!! They're gorgeous and what a deal you made!!! Your tablescape is soooo pretty and very romantic!!! I just love how you did the pretty flowers and all of the tall candles for the centerpiece...it really is lovely!!! Of course, I have never seen a tablescape that I didn't like of yours!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Chandy, how I missed your cute and clever descriptions and beautiful tablescapes. I just love your newest dishes and that table is just amazing ! It was so happy that you topped off the table with Lily and Josh...they look good on any table ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lynn! So glad to see you here again! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.