Thursday, July 16, 2009

Free, Fast & Fabulous

Hosted by Susan and Leigh

Ok, I found some time to post, so I wanted to share the table I quickly put together while here at the wonderful home of my parent-in-laws.

THEME:
"A Hint of Southeast Asia"

INSPIRATION:
The Asian Melamine Soup bowl set we gave them

I used the bowl set we gave them several years ago as centerpiece as they also functioned as serveware for a Filipino dish I made.
You see the beautiful Blue and Orange design? I haven't seen those in a while so glad that we found them then as I just love how they look. I was making all the dishes, so I quickly set the tablescape and opted for the paper napkins and simple placesetting. (ooopppsss... I forgot to put away the extra napkins and Mr. Man didn't either. LOL)
There were 7 of us eating, so I had my husband take these photos above and here's what we had... Two kinds of Jasmine rice, white and brown, three veggies and "Bistek" or the Filipino interpretation of Beef Steak (center bowl). My in-laws request this dish whenever we come and I'm glad that they do as it is also much requested in my own family. It is simply yummy!

For dessert, I had the kids make brownies and we had Brownie a la mode with strawberries and optional almond slices. We loved it and to top off the night, we watched, "Wall-E". Family time, you can't beat it!

Leigh, my TT for you is this set, since I used it for FREE and Susan, thanks for giving me the motivation to do tablescaping even when I'm not at home. LOL Thank you both for being wonderful hostesses!

And to all of you, heart your visits and will post again soon!

17 comments:

  1. Chandy, your in laws must love you! This looks wonderful and it's making me crave for bistek. BTW, I wish we were neighbors too, especially if you will make a little extra everytime you cook, LOL...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chandy,
    How sweet of you to do this! Come by and visit, I have a giveaway! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandy, even if you're not at home you still manage to do tablescapes and make delicious foods!

    Enjoy, enjoy the rest of you vacation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm...looks delicious! And the tablescape looks great too! Love your blog, maybe one day I'll post a tablescape...and give you all the credit for the inspiration! When you get the chance, check out my new blog at www.decormamma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chandy, very pretty table and I just adore the tablecloth.....I love, love black and white checks!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Chandy. I love the overhead shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful table set for your family! I just love the colors! How fun to do a Tablescape when visiting family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to be your neighbor. That looks like a great meal. Love Jasmine rice:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I'm sure your family loved it. Lovely table!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chandy! You're the most wonderful one cooking for everyone and those dishes are so pretty!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chandy, I would love to try your dishes, they sound wonderful.
    Happy Thursday.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another table masterpiece and on vacation yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sweet friend, Chandy....
    Really, I wish we loved closer! How often do I say that? I would love to be a guest at your table. The food looks amazing. I am drolling just thinking of it. And the tablescape, always simply elegant. You truly have a knack for making people feel special. It really is a gift. Well done!Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, my friend!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, thank you ladies! You're all so great for visiting and leaving such great words...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chandy! Hope you are having a good week. I am in Fl right now. I just want to remind you about Sightseeing Sat. I am hoping to get Mr. Linky to work by tonight. Thanks!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice, I know your family appreciated this and enjoyed it!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.