Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A 2nd Time Around Tablescape!

Hosted by "A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"

Hosted by "The Gypsy's Corner"

Yes, you read right! A tablescape full of 2nd time around goodies! For Memorial Day, we decided that since the kiddos were home and hubby's off, we will barbecue some brisket! Well, as if we had no prepping to do, we still slept in! (head low in shame...) But... to rescue the day, we cleaned some of our storage boxes out and got errands done plus a lunch at Sonic, to the delight of the kiddos as we were also treated to a viewing of a loose all-black rooster feasting at Sonic! LOL

THEME:
"Sacrifice for Freedom"

INSPIRATION:
Red and Blue Tealights
Mikasa Intaglio "Annette" Dessert Plates

On to the "meat" of the post... I'm sure Tam can see the multiples on this table. The 6 Sangria goblets, the 6 placesettings, the 9 mum flower heads and the 8 tealights. But... what you couldn't see is all the second go around items on the table!

The tablecloth, an old twin-sized flat flannel sheet. Also used for my Graduation tablescape. The vases of the mums, the Glade Scented Candle holders turned upside down and filled with water. The mums, back from May 11th, third arrangement for the bouquet. The red napkins, 20-in package, my V-Day find last year, for 25 cents! The dessert plates, my Goodwill find, Mikasa "Annette" from the Intaglio collection. Paid 59 cents each!

The red plates, back from my "A Love Bug Bit Me!" and "Beautiful Together" tablescape; Canopy, $1.96 each from Walmart.


Here's a close-up of the placesetting...

And closer still... The creamy white salad plate is my Thomson Pottery, "Bianca" set. $1 each at Ross. Shelia of Note Songs, found some just recently. It is a great versatile set. The design mimics Mikasa's "Antique White" dinnerware. You see the overlapping design on my Mikasa Annette's? Isn't just beautiful? :-D
It's been two weeks and quite humid in our apartment, but the mums still looked amazing! Of course I wasn't gonna pass another opportunity to use them! See the purple tealights, not purple at all. They are BLUE! But the flame rendered them purplish... ;-) I don't mind... Also, note that my tealights are haphazard, proving that there's no need to "polish" off your centerpiece. My mums made the containers look straight, but they're noooot... :-)
A sideview if you prefer it... See my other sets peeking? If you notice the middle container is inset more compared to the other two and the one on the right, is actually more forward than the one on the left. Was it deliberate? I'll never tell... (hee hee...)
And here we are! The end of the tablescape tour for this tabletop design. Now pick a seat and let's start to eat. Have you washed your hands?
Before we dine on BBQ Brisket, Chandy's Potato Salad (no mayo), Steamed Broccoli, Steamed Jasmine Rice and Asian Melon Sangria (dh found it in the Philippines, and I have to make it at least once a warm season), let's first offer a blessing on the food and offer gratitude to the men and women who allows us to enjoy great food, great company, blogging and tablescaping- through our freedom in this country. May Heavenly Father keep them all safe and to those that passed on, an angel status to watch out for others...

Hope you all had a great one! Thank you again, Tam and Diane for graciously hosting! Make sure to come by and visit them!

13 comments:

  1. Very patriotic yet sweetly lovely! I love tablescapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chandy,
    Your table looks so festive and patriotic!

    Thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around!
    :) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your table...it does look very festive and patriotic. Love the ideas of using a fannel sheet for the table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Chandy! Oh, I love your beautiful table and all the different mix of plates are just lovely! Yay, for the red, white and blue.

    To answer your question about my rooster, my hubby got me this from a hospital gift shop after I had had a surgery. Of course he filled it up with red roses! This is one of my favs!
    Thanks for the visit Most Educated One! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chandy, I always so enjoy your tables and your posts. Always filled with great tips and suggestions. Love it. I hope you have a fabulous Memorial Day. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great table. Sounds like you had a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table, Chandy!

    btw, we had breakfast from Sonic this morning.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GM Chandy...this is just beautiful my friend..love the colors you used here..now pass me a plate I can't talk with my mouth full ha ha!! Beautiful post girl...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, ladies! So nice to "read" you all here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something as simple as the small candles makes such a difference to the tablescape. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty table setting. Perfect for Memorial Day. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you dear ladies! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.