Monday, April 6, 2009

Just A Hint of "Cool" Blue...


Just like everywhere else, signs of life are sprouting... In my own front yard, it's more dramatic! in just a few weeks, most of the trees looked like this- bare and quiet.

But, after a few rainstorms, warm days and even the howling winds that kept the cold from hanging on, our trees now look like these! And the past few days, I have opened my windows to hear the song of every leaf swaying in the wind... Aaahhh... I feel alive when breeze enters my home and refresh the air inside while quietly taking out the musty air of storms' imprisonment.


Thank you Susan!

*************************************************

I checked in at Sally's for today's Blue Monday and along with her Spiritual Sunday post, was this "cool" award she got from a fan of her blog! I'm always amazed at how fun you all have in the sharing and playing that you do. It is quite humbling...



So, just like Sally, I share with all of you this award as my confession of being one of your blog's biggest fans!

Now, onto something blue...

Hosted by "Smiling Sally"

After our 10-day spending hiatus last week, I wanted to go to Goodwill to see if I can still find the very cool small cobalt teapot and plate that coordinated with one of my cobalt dishes. Of course, when I went back, I didn't find it anymore. They were that cool! (LOL) But from that last visit, I did see this teacup and dessert bowl. And I was glad that when I came back, they were still there! Actually, I found the teacup in another aisle, put it in my cart, then another lady held the bowl when I went to the original aisle I saw it at. She saw me with the teacup, asked me if I really want it and suggested I grab the bowl too! How nice is she! Love her!
I now call it a "bon-bon" bowl. ;-)


I love dainty teacups and saucers that fine china comes up with, but never got started on it until I saw this pretty pair.

It is by Sheffield called "Blue Whisper" and made in Japan.

I just love the platinum rim and the dainty light blue and gray design, don't you?

Isn't it just beautiful? The best part about this awesome find?
I got each piece for 59 cents each!

I served my first tea on it for Lady Katherine's Tea Party birthday celebration yesterday.

I hope to find more of this pattern.

I also found six of these saucer plates, for also 59 cents each at Goodwill.

In my home, they will be called dessert plates.

As you can see, it is a Mikasa.
There are other Intaglio Series including Triba, Durango, and Garden.
This pattern is called Annette.
Just like my awesome next door neighbor!
Looking it up online, I found that the cheapest per good piece is $2; more for better condition.
I love that! Score!


This stoneware creamer set is made in Japan, but the manufacturer writing is in chinese. I'll have to share the rest of the story during Thrifty Thursday!

I'm glad I got to share it with all of you!

Thanks, Sally for hosting!

TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain" is just so thrilled to have these ideas!) Throw out all the rules of table setting and just have fun with it! Set the table however you want with the pieces you want to use! As long as it's usable, find a way to incorporate it and enjoy your wild and funky tablescape!

Have a great Monday! I get to pick up my Noritake "Carolyn" china today! I will feature them two times in two different Tablescape Thursdays! I'm so excited!

Now let's see what else everyone is showing today!

32 comments:

  1. Laurie, thank you!

    Marivic, hello and I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet "Carolyn" !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, Carolyn! Honey, you're my kind of gal! I love your new dishes and what good barbains you got! Love that too.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when the trees leaf out! I'm not sure what our freezing temps is going to do to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the good stuff when you shop. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What very pretty china! I love a bargain!!

    Happy Blue Monday, Chandy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found yourself some very beautiful china. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the dishes that you chose...they can be dressed up or dressed down. I will have to check back and see what you do with them.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well little by little we all are becoming dish and junkin addicts.Now we have you in our cluches and we won't let go.hahaha
    Great post .i love the MM of the trees.Great idea....ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your dishes! Have a Happy Blue Monday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got some great finds there. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ladies! And Ann, I know, I think all of you definitely helped make the addiction worsen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice dishes and good finds. Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful trees, I love the sound of leaves in the spring and summer too! And I love Goodwill. Those are some really great finds. Mary from Boogieboard Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  15. you found great deals, haven't tried goodwill, only DAV and salvation Army

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy to know that you all agree with me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your blogs are amazing. Loved this post and love your blog. You really rock!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the blue whisper pattern!
    Joyuce

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving the new leaves on the trees. Just hope they look okay tomorrow, since it's supposed to be 29 tonight. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Chandy! I love the Blue Whisper dishes, the pattern is so delicate and pretty! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you everyone! I'm enjoying all those Goodwill great finds! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Chandy,
    What great deals you found, I have china very similar to blue/white tea cup. Way to go girl!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooo, I love the teacup and bowl.You did good.
    I love looking through thrift stores..:).
    Happy blue Monday and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cindy and Catherine, thank you! I'm having a whole new appreciation for Goodwill that's for sure! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. THESE are AMAZING!!!!! AMAZING!!! I cannot wait for tabelscape and thrifty thursday using these beauties! Great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know they are so pretty! I love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. your dishes are so pretty. Isnt it great to watch the transformation of winter into spring, we have no blooms yet, matter a fact we just got a bit of snow last night...grr!
    hugs
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  28. Janet, I'm so sorry... ;-) If it's any consolation, it's very cold over here, too! In the 40s.

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.