Cathy, I love this blog button and I find myself staring at it before I read my posts or comments, lol!
On to the award... Christine or Xinex gave out this award to six of us who wouldn't mind revealing 10 honest details about us.
Here are 10 honest things about me:
1. I love collecting dishes, though I am not a big fan of fine china. I am always so afraid to break one! I do enjoy seeing them on others' tables and revel in their ability to keep such treasures intact and loved throughout generations.
2. I am determined to complete my very own wedding china, but not the original one because it really wasn't my taste. Plus, it's too expensive now!
3. I can't afford to travel anywhere just yet, but I get to travel the world through my tabletop designs and food, that's why I love tablescaping. I love collecting easy recipes though I don't follow most of them more than once.
4. I entertain for my children, not for me. I love to teach them how to reach out to others and food and laughter are two proven formulas to bridge any gap.
5. I was born in the Philippines, and just like Christine, both my parents have Chinese and Spanish (Spain) blood.
6. I was born in 1971, in December and the first girl after 4 boys. I have one younger sister and one step sister.
7. All of my tablescapes and ideas center around the fact that I married a wonderful man who are completely nuts about me and our children.
8. I learn what my children learn so I can continue to teach them at home as supplements.
9. I tried college twice, but the timing was always wrong. I'm glad I tried it for the third time, I graduate this May...
10. I'm short, but tall in ideas and compassion for others. My dh tells me that my best feature is my ability to make anyone feel welcome in our home.
Now, that I've bored you enough, here are the next six people, we all should get to know!
1. Cielo of "The House in the Roses" - her prose always transcends to some beautiful garden, peaceful and heavily perfumed.
2. Cass of "That Old House" - I look forward to her comments, they are so informative and you can tell her genuine interest in what you wrote.
3. Monica of "Monica's English Version" - her photographs speak of lovely memories when it was a simpler time.
4. Shelia of "Note Songs" - I love how she calls everyone dear. I never met my mom's parents, but my mom said that they she felt their happiness for her when I was born, so when I read Shelia's posts, it's like I can imagine how my grandmother would have been to me.
5. Deb of "Ladybug from Texas"- she lives near me, in another city nearby so I can't wait to get to know her more.
6. Pat of "Back Porch Musings" - her blog is so sophisticated, I'd like to know what her style is about.
With this award, make sure to list 10 HONEST things about yourselves then choose the next six you'd like to receive this award and get to know them, too!
TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain loves this as much as the actual tablescapes!) Invite your nearby neighbors for dinner, you know, the ones that you always exchange smiles and hellos with. Set the table in a warm manner with simplicity to make them feel welcome. Meaning, don't pull out the big guns if they are simple folks, they might feel you are showing off. Focus the meal on allowing them to have conversations with you so you can get to know them better. Pick the best flowers from your garden, put it in a vase you can afford to giveaway. Use it as your centerpiece and after dinner, present them with it as their gift for coming.