Monday, March 9, 2009

Wanted ASAP: More Shelf Space

Hosted by "Between Naps on the Porch"

In the span of over twelve years, my dish collection started with...

one- my "Shadow Iris" by Corelle. My dh and I bought this 5-piece placesetting for 8 together. It is still Corelle's most highly sought pattern. They have discontinued it twice but demands made Corelle revive it and even increase the price of the same set. When they introduced it back in the late 90s, we bought ours at $49.99 from the original price of $59.99. Now, it is sold at a minimum of $69.99!

Since then, at last count, the different sets and patterns I have now number to...

Yay!!!

I look forward to adding more! My style has transformed to include fine china to stoneware and no name cuties!

Sorry no pictures today; but I do have a...

TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain" doesn't think she'll run out of ideas for this cool obsession) We all take pictures of our dishes right? If you haven't, do it now... Then frame them up in something inexpensive and use them as centerpieces surrounding a tall vase of your favorite flowers (you're going for self-indulgence here, lol). Then using only one place setting of different but coordinating patterns, set the table and celebrate with your family or friends that appreciate this obsession, using a really simple menu of maybe pizza, salad and soup! (I love how "Brain" just comes up with these awesome ideas!)

You're awesome for stopping by; see you all at the next Met Monday post! Thanks Susan for hosting!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn. Oh, what a beautiful idea! I may try this just to put some in my dining room!
    You're amazing!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your dishes sound like they are bunnies- put 2 together and before you know it you have a herd!!
    How fun to have so many sets to work with

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I am proud of my bunnies, I mean my dishes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. chandy,
    Great idea and I am starting to get the dish obsession. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by our blog, Chandy - your postive comments about my old condo's kitchen remodel are really appreciated!

    Hope to see you around DesignTies again!
    Victoria from EdinDesigns @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! I have to try this one out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea on the tablescape! One of these days I'm going to join in and I'll have to remember that! Thanks so much for droppin' by the cabin and for your sweet input on my Mantel Shame! Lol :-) L~

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.