Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cheap Romance

I don't mean the tawdry kind! (Get your minds outta the gutter! :D) This post is to help you create a lovely evening without breaking even Junior's ceramic porker.

No moolah to spare this V-day? Want to stay in but still enjoy some much needed romance?
Then try these time-saving but definitely effective romantic dinner tips!

1. Find a fun pasta recipe- with either colored or shaped ones (as long as it is different).

(Both Marshall's find for $9.00!)

2. Find a quick interactive dessert- petit fours, sandwich cookies, fortune cookies, strawberries.

3. Romance your beverage- do a mock cocktail or add food coloring to your clear drink. Adding strawberries is also a good idea.

4. Use sheer ribbons- to tie napkins or a flower.

5. Make it bubbly- add 1 can of ginger ale, 7-up or club soda to a 1/2 glass of any fruit juice.

6. Keep it clean and sexy - find any pink or red napkins to add a touch of romance.

7. Think mobile- food trays are a great way to transport your "private" feast to the budoir!

Pasta with Shrimp or Chicken
1 bag of fun pasta
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic
Parsley (fresh, chopped fine)
Black pepper or red pepper flakes
1/4 lb. shrimp or chicken (cut into thin strips)

Cook pasta accordingly; set aside
Heat up oil
Add pepper and garlic
Salt shrimp or chicken
Saute shrimp or chicken
Add lemon juice
Take off heat
Pour sauce over cooked pasta
Toss well
Put into individual plates with meat on top
Top with parsley

Start with a small salad with red tomatoes

Enjoy with mock cocktail. (Delicioso! Mwah!)


What about the dessert? That's up to you! (Do I have to tell you everything? Lol!)

2 comments:

  1. What a great find for $9.00 and the menu is something my Hubs would love...as dessert, I would add a dish of exotic fruits to share...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Let me know if you use it and if he liked it. Have a great V-day!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.