No moolah to spare this V-day? Want to stay in but still enjoy some much needed romance?
Then try these time-saving but definitely effective romantic dinner tips!
1. Find a fun pasta recipe- with either colored or shaped ones (as long as it is different).
2. Find a quick interactive dessert- petit fours, sandwich cookies, fortune cookies, strawberries.
3. Romance your beverage- do a mock cocktail or add food coloring to your clear drink. Adding strawberries is also a good idea.
4. Use sheer ribbons- to tie napkins or a flower.
5. Make it bubbly- add 1 can of ginger ale, 7-up or club soda to a 1/2 glass of any fruit juice.
6. Keep it clean and sexy - find any pink or red napkins to add a touch of romance.
7. Think mobile- food trays are a great way to transport your "private" feast to the budoir!
1 bag of fun pasta
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic
Parsley (fresh, chopped fine)
Black pepper or red pepper flakes
1/4 lb. shrimp or chicken (cut into thin strips)
Cook pasta accordingly; set aside
Heat up oil
Add pepper and garlic
Salt shrimp or chicken
Saute shrimp or chicken
Add lemon juice
Take off heat
Pour sauce over cooked pasta
Put into individual plates with meat on top
Top with parsley
Start with a small salad with red tomatoes
Enjoy with mock cocktail. (Delicioso! Mwah!)
What about the dessert? That's up to you! (Do I have to tell you everything? Lol!)