The reason for the title is because... I made another batch of chocolate cookies! I wanted to make another batch of my own "Slim Cocoas" cookies because Mike, my neighbor Annette's husband requested some. But for the life of me, I could not find the paper I wrote the recipe on! So, in an effort to recreate it, I made these instead! And I'd like to share it with all of you!
(Plate is "Shadow Iris" by Corelle)
Chandy's Chocolate Cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2 3/4 cups AP flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 sticks of butter or margarine, softened and cut small
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, SIFT together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Sifting helps with the lightness of the cookies. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a big bowl until smooth.
- Beat in one egg at a time then add in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients until well blended in the same consistency as a chocolate ice cream.
- Using a small scoop, put in 12-13 alternating rows of 2 and 3 balls of dough on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until top is no longer domed and slight cracking at the top has occured.
- Cool it slowly on cookie sheets, about 2 minutes, before moving onto cooling racks.
Have milk ready and limit serving to two cookies! Hope you try them. Our next door neighbor's entire family loved them and my children kept begging for more!
Thanks Gollum for hosting again this week! I am becoming more courageous in baking now since I've joined Foodie Friday! (Ladies, actually it's all of your fault, making all these wonderful dishes!) ;o)
TABLESCAPING IDEA: ("Brain" is buzzed on sugar...) Are you as much a chocoholic and a dishaholic as I am? Well combine the two! Create a brown table! No flowers or leaves just brown or cream.