Monday, November 21, 2011

"Orange" you glad I remembered?

I can't believe it! I'm posting! Something new! I get to join in on the fun! Woot! So linking up with Marty, Leigh and Susan's awesome memes! Such lovely ladies who indulge us in our blogging fun!

Tabletop Tuesday, Thrifty Thursday and Tablescape Thursday


Wow! I cannot believe I forgot to post this tablescape! What is wrong with me? (Ok, a lot, but you're not suppose to know that) Anyway, this is back from January 22, for Mr. Man's birthday! He turned 40 and I wanted an all-orange theme. Why? Because he loves, loves orange and I think I love him enough to do one. (Oh, you caught the "I think" part? Man, can't get away with anything in the blog world!)

THEME:
"Orange I nice to do this?"

INSPIRATION:
"Mr. Man"

First, let me tell you, finding orange in January is like asking for a root canal without anesthesia! If it wasn't cost prohibitive, the selection was not up to par. Especially when the birthday boy decided he doesn't want bright orange. It took all of December and most of January to figure out what orange direction I wanted to go. 

I wanted it to reflect him: gorgeous, warm, elegant, casual and family oriented.

So... using my creative juices to glue (ewww!) the theme swirling in my head, I decided not to look in stores and into my closet instead! Well, what do you know, "Brain" did it again!

Had the rust colored heavy fabric from 2009, found candles in Marshall's for less than $3 each, used my fall dessert plates and my off white Bianca set, my country plaid napkins I found at Kohl's, orange marbles and tealights and "voila!" a gorgeous, warm, orange tablescape for Mr. Man!
The paper chains and origami birds on top, a family project. I found the pitcher at Marshall's, too ($7.99)

We made sure he didn't forget how "young" he is so we got just the right candles to remind him! lol
I made the cake, chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting mixed with a lot of orange food coloring!





Isn't my son, I-Dude, only 9, so clever to make cranes and eagles origami?
He also made that orange star. Mr. Man asked for pasta with shrimp and creamed peas and potatoes.
Used Nandina leaves and berries. Last December, the berries were very red, but in January, they were orange! How cool is that?!

Aren't these candles just gorgeous? The scent is called "Orient Tangerine". I love it!

Heeeeeeeeere's Mr. Man! The birthday boy, the gorgeous love of my life and father of my children! 
Here's the two little ones, J-Pony, 12 and I-Dude, 9. L-Infinity is in Hawaii, attending Brigham Young University in Laie, Honolulu. She thought it was a great table, too!



So... I hope you forgive me for not posting this sooner. I was not thinking of you. I'm so sorry! But, will it help if I told you that Mr. Man was so pleased with the decor that he asked me if I was showing it to you? I was so pleased that look, I forgot! Heart you all for stopping by! See you soon!

TABLESCAPING IDEAS:("Brain" is sighing that we remembered) Now that the holidays are upon us, let's not worry about trends, traditions or aesthetics. Focus on what you know-what you have and the reasons why they stayed in the first place. Instead of one massive spread of flowers, trinkets and baubles on the buffet, why don't you scatter different picture frames of past Christmases? That way, when the guests arrive, you have an instant focal point and a conversation starter!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Chandy! You are so sweet to put together an orange tablescape (in January) for your husband. It all looks so lovely, and the cake looks YUMMY!

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my Thanksgiving Tea Set.

    I hope you enjoy you Thanksgiving with the family!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun party theme and your decor is wonderful. Love the tablescape also. Happy belated BD to Mr. Man. Looks like such a fun time.

    You asked about making your pics larger. I can't tell what template you are using, but it looks like you are using the same one I am. When you load a picture in your post, after it loads, click on it and see if a bar comes up and shows med, large, xlarge or remove. If it does then just click on xlarge and your picture will expand. Otherwise you can enlarge your pics in your computer and they should load larger. I hope that helps. If not you can email me at astrollthrulife@live.com and I will try to help. You can go in to edit this post now and then click on a pic and see if the bar comes up. Hopefully it will.

    Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for joining TTT.
    Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chandy !

    Lovely party time and tablescape ! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, eat too much, laugh a lot and enjoy all your dear ones !!!

    Hugs,
    Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much! Marty, you're a genius! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all, wonderful Birthday Tablescape !
    Happy Thanksgiving !Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lad you stopped by, Chandy. I am so happy to see one of your tablescapes again. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful warm table setting. I love the origami birds you used on the plates. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun birthday table. One your family will cherish. Love the origami that your son created.

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.