Thursday, October 21, 2010

Strawberry Topped Cupcakes

Hello to all! It's been a while as well since I joined in Foodie Friday with Michael on Designs by Gollum, so I'm really glad that I have something delicious to share!

Every year starting in Fall, we hit the library and grab seasonal story books. I read to my children out loud, going back to cuddling and reading 101.

Well, my kids and read I this book called "Cook-a-doodle-do!" The author fashioned it after the story of the Little Red Hen where the character is a great grandson of Little Red.

With the help of his friends, a pot-bellied pig, iguana and a turtle, they managed to bake a beautiful Strawberry Shortcake!

So we printed the recipe written on the back page, but when it came to it, we didn't have the flour that it called for. So...

We found a regular cake mix and we turned them into cupcakes. We chopped up some strawberries and floated them on top of some Redi-Whip! Yum!


That is my hubby's cool hands. I had to quickly snap it up before he ate his cupcake. He loves strawberries on whipped cream!
And this one's mine... Oh, it was worth the wait from taking pictures. (I think they're both a bit grainy because I was not paying attention to the setting, I was too busy imagining how delicious they would be! LOL)

Love ya for stopping by! Time to eat over at your blog.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us, Chandy! Those look simple and good. A nice combo!

    I shared a coconut cake recipe that I didn't have on my post earlier. I was waiting to get it from Nancy, and now I have it. It's close to the bottom of my post.

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! That looks sooooooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks SO good! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing, Chandy! Mouth wateringly good and pretty too! Loved your latest tablescape -- yours are always fun and imaginative!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, you guys! It was easy and yummy, indeed! Hi Bill! Thanks for the compliment; high praises coming from you!

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog, let me know. If you really like this blog, let me know. The key is let me know. Thanks for peeking!

Niceties first

HELLO AND WELCOME to this blog dedicated to my obsession of tablescapes, and ONLY TABLESCAPES!
That means that whatever I post will be redirected to tablescapes or you will see tablescapes or the dishes and glassware that I used AND wish to use.
I hope you like you what you see; but you can't do that unless you take the tour- the TABLESCAPE TOUR that's on the side bar! I'd also love to take you on my adventures on finding great dinnerwares to display and use while leaving some serious change in your pocket, so stay a while and see all of my great deals!
Wanna know the reason behind the madness, too? Then make sure to read, Why this blog for my philosophy.